Spanish Masala-My Thought

90 percentage of Spanish Masala (Malayalam) is shot in Spain.For me that is the only 'difference' between Spanish Masala and other average Malayalam films.Lal Jose shot the tomato festival brilliantly or I feel so.The first half of the film has some Dileep trademark comedies and they are 'fresh' . No Suraj is here,instead Lal Jose got a man from Asianet's Comedy Stars and his performance was OK. The Australian heroin's Malayalam is not that much bad.Kunchako Boban is REALLY trying to experiment,he is the villain here-neither a 'suspense villain' nor a 'confessing villain'. HE IS THE VILLAIN,that's it!.

For the second half,I really feel it's a Malayalam version of Allu Arjun's Arya.Yes,we have a hero who sacrifice his love.But no dramatic scenes here.Here also the director needs someone drunk to tell the heroin about the love of the sacrificing hero!!.Also that 'novel writing' track was already seen in 'Pokkiriraja'.

What did I like..
            'Omanathinkal kidaavo....'
            Two or three 'fresh' comedies in the first half
            Ofcaurse,Spain is making a difference there.
            Lal Jose tried to bring a new comedian/actor to silver screen.
            Songs are not bad(Except that 'hayyo hayyayyo')
            The foreign actors are not that much 'dramatic'.
What I didn;t like
            The first half reminded me that I've seen a Madhavan-Geethu Mohandas movie in Tamil.
            The second half reminded me that I've seen Allu Arjun's Malayalam dubbed version of 'Arya'.

            

.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to write your comments/suggestions/criticisms.